It is mandatory to have a passport if you are traveling abroad. It acts as your primary identity card anywhere in the world. In India, the passport is applied online through the Passport Seva portal.
Once applied, it takes some days before the passport is dispatched. So during that duration, you must keep tracking passport status. This will get you details about passport dispatch and courier.
How to check passport status online?
- Go to passport status enquiry page.
- Now check for nearby passport office from there.
- Click on the name of your city RPO.
- Get passport inquiry number from the next page.
- Contact local RPO and get the current status of passport.
Passport Police verification status
Another important requirement for passport application is the police verification. You need to clear your police record if you want the passport to be issued.
To get police verification status, visit http://passportenquiry.in/ and know details of your passport police verification status.